25 World Peace Day Photos to Inspire You
September 21st is World Peace Day. Visit moments of peace from the past to the present with these World Peace Day photos.
3. ‘It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength’ ― Maya Angelou
7. A child of Syria sits in the fallout of his country’s civil war (read more here).
8. ‘Civilisation will not last, freedom will not survive, peace will not be kept, unless a very large majority of mankind unite together to defend them and show themselves possessed of a constabulary power before which barbaric and atavistic forces will’ – Winston Churchill
9. The UN’s Millennium Development Goals will soon become the Sustainable Development Goals. Why? Because sustainability is vital to peace.
10. Peaceful demonstrations in Ukraine turned violent as police clashed with protestors.
11. ‘Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek’ ― Dalai Lama XIV
12. Humanitarian workers go to where lives hang in the balance and try to tip the scales – always in favour of peace.
13. British artist Damien Hirst’s spin-painted an AK-47 machine gun, made for Peace One Day 2012.
14. People from Orange County united for peace in 2008, calling for an to end the genocide in Darfur, Sudan.
15. The Berlin Wall’s collapse in 1989 unites a divided world.
16. ‘We may have different religions, different languages, different coloured skin, but we all belong to one human race’ – Kofi Annan
21. ‘For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. The record-breaking 15,185 lanterns released in the Philippines for world peace.