Peace Child International (PCI) has two trustee opportunities available.
PCI is a UK-registered charity that has been a global leader in working in collaboration with the world’s youth on a wide range of issues for over 30 years. Our work is guided by what young people tell us are their primary concerns which have varied from conflict resolution to the environment and, currently, solving youth unemployment.
Our current programmes all revolve around training for entrepreneurship, employability and job creation in the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa.
To help tackle the global youth unemployment crisis, the charity is seeking to grow significantly and develop its global programmes over the next five years. We’ve set ourselves five key goals over this period:
- Open 30 new training academies across sub-Saharan Africa, South East Asia and Europe,
- Train 60,000 young entrepreneurs in business,
- Offer non-collateralised loans to at least 12,000 of the graduates and providing on-going mentorship and support to them while they build their businesses,
- Expand our network of youth leaders in developed and developing countries, engaging them to lobby for effective youth policies while also easing and enabling youth access to capital loans,
- As a result of our joint lobbying and advocacy activities, to persuade at least three national governments to introduce our business training into high schools and colleges.
To help us achieve our ambitious plans, we are seeking to augment our existing Board with the appointment of two additional Trustees. We are specifically looking for Trustees with experience in the following:
- Fundraising and Donor Development – High-net worth individuals and philanthropists
- Fundraising – International development arena including UK government and international NGOs
All applicants need to share our passion for empowering young people, the importance of sustainable development and building the green economy.
We have quarterly meetings which you need to attend. Three are held in the evening in London. The other is an annual day-long meeting in Hertfordshire. Additional development meetings may be arranged as required. Reasonable expenses are paid. We hope you will join us for at least a three-year period with the potential to renew for a further three-year term.
Applicants must live within 50 miles of London, UK.
Please apply direct to David Woollcombe at email@example.com with a full CV and cover letter to receive a welcome pack or call him on 01763 274459 for an informal and confidential discussion of the roles.
Please apply by September 30th for interview in early October.