Editorial & Organisational Job Creation Position
– from March 2014 to March 2015 –
Closing date for applications: February 28TH 2014
Peace Child International (PCI), a youth-led development & educational charity with consultative status at the United Nations, seeks a full-time, enthusiastic editorial job creation intern to begin in March 2014.
- Edit training & promotional materials
- Write blogs and articles
- Carry out research on topics related to unemployment and job creation
- Organise and plan regional job creation summits
- Help deliver enterprise and/or employability trainings when necessary
- Aid PCI in its 2014/2015 programme that focuses on youth job creation both in the UK and internationally.
- A passion for writing articles and blogs
- Great organisational and event-management skills
- A keen interest in youth development and youth employment/job creation.
- Solid understanding and practical application of social media platforms and tools.
- Ability to carry out research (mainly online)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Native English Speaker
- Strong and fast writer with excellent communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Flexible and willing to contribute in areas outside of those stipulated by their job description.
The right applicant would look forward to living in a diverse, multicultural environment, enjoy working as part of a team and being flexible/adaptable as new needs arise. This position is a residential internship located in Buntingford, UK (in between London and Cambridge). All interns live in shared accommodation and take turns shopping, cleaning and cooking. Food, accommodation and domestic travel expenses when on Peace Child business is provided, as well as a small weekly stipend.
Please send a covering letter explaining your motivation to apply for this position together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2014. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. For more information about PCI, please visit our website at www.peacechild.org.