Peace Child International (PCI), a youth development & educational charity with consultative status at the United Nations, seeks a full-time, enthusiastic digital and outreach strategist to begin in March or April 2015.
- Develop and expand the existing social media presence of PCI
- Search and connect with followers, to help generate engagement with youth in the areas where we work.
- Monitor and analyse the online growth of PCI and its engagement with target audiences.
- Research, propose and implement new approaches to strengthen our online presence.
- Design publications, website content, logos, etc.
- Build and consolidate partnerships with other youth oriented media.
- Develop an online fundraising strategy to potentially incorporate crowd funding.
- Liaise with team members and external partners to create online content that will outreach to youth and organisations internationally.
- Consolidate Peace Child’s branding of programmes and activities and explore meaningful ways to promote them to our target audiences.
- Update and maintain PCI’s website.
- A passion for digital communications, its implementation and its development
- Basic knowledge of SEO and digital marketing
- A keen interest in youth development and youth employment/job creation.
- Solid understanding and practical application of social media platforms and tools.
- Knowledge of youth culture, particularly online trends for 14-30 year olds.
- Strong sense for design, photo, and video. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Strong and fast writer with excellent communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Flexible and willing to contribute in areas outside of those stipulated by their job description.
The right applicant would look forward to living in a diverse environment and being flexible/adaptable as new needs arise. This position is a residential internship located in Buntingford, UK (in between London and Cambridge). All interns live in shared accommodation and take turns shopping, cleaning and cooking. Food, accommodation and domestic travel expenses when on Peace Child business is provided as well as a small weekly stipend.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital and Outreach Strategist” in the subject line. Selected applicants will be contacted to set up a Skype interview.